Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Post 8: Ethical Question

No. I would assume this would be against any code of ethics for a physician's business, unless it was a gift as a thank you. If drugs or anything of this sort was recently purchased by this pharmacy company, and they were giving you these tickets as a thank you for your business, I think it would be o.k. to accept these tickets.  But, if this were not the case, I believe it would be against any companies ethics to accept this bribe.  Because that is what it is; a bribe.  My parents both work at the Mayo Clinic, and have told me before that reps come around all the time and they are supposed to turn down all offers from them whether it be a pen, golf, dinner or anything.

Each person may have their own set of ethics and whether they decide to follow their companies ethics on this is up to them, although if they're caught going against their company they may be in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment